TV, Movies, and Videos on Your Cell Phone
You're probably asking yourself right now: how did he get that scene from Sifl & Olly on his VX8300, is that some kind of crazy photoshop trick? "No," I answer, "it's every bit as real as the very robot that Sifl built to do his bidding in Episode 12 of Season 1."
So what if I told you that you can carry any TV show, movie, or home video around in your VX8300, and watch it whenever you please? Sound's too good to be true, right? Well it's true, and it's quite easy. Here are the steps to convert and copy any video of your liking onto your cell phone...
- Find some videos you want to convert. Most .AVIs and .MPG/.MPEGs should work, .MOVs might not.
- Download and install this 3GP converter program.
- Open Setup.exe in the program's directory. Choose 3GPP+AAC General Setting and the language of your preference. Press Apply.
- Open the main program, 3GP_Converter.exe. Under "Output Directory" click Browse, and choose the my_flix directory of your memory card, using a card reader, or another directory if you'd rather copy the files to your phone later.
- Choose one of the QCIF Normal Quality conversion settings, mono or stereo sound, whichever you prefer. (Mono sound should slightly reduce the file size.)
- Drag and drop your video files into the white box. Now sit back and relax, the conversion process takes a while, but you're done! You'll be watching videos on your VX8300 in no time flat. Access them through My Flix on your Pix and Flix menu.
Oh, and if you want to play the video fullscreen (or nearly fullscreen), and sideways, as seen in the picture, press the Up button while it's playing.